Garth Brooks and the ‘miracle’ prediction: Deirdre Reynolds’ 22 reasons to rejoice in 2022
As we prepare to say good riddance to 2021, here are my top reasons to welcome the New Year.
. The ghost of “Garthgate” will finally be exorcised when the Stetson-loving crooner plays five nights at Croker next September.
2. OK, so it’s not exactly up there with Nostradamus, but Brazilian medium Nicolas Aujula – who previously claimed to have predicted Covid-19 and the downfall of Donald Trump – predicted “some kind of miracle” in 2022. The 19 million euro lottery jackpot actually won, perhaps?
3. Let’s see anti-vaccines complaining about the first WHO-approved malaria vaccine, Mosquirix, which will hopefully be rolled out in sub-Saharan Africa by the end of next year.
4.There is good news for those still in single digits in 2022, as the world’s first Peppa Pig theme park with muddy puddles opens in Florida in February – Mummy and Daddy Pigs, not so much .
5. The Brits aren’t the only ones getting an extra holiday for Queen Elizabeth’s Platinum Jubilee next year, with our own bonus banker – to recognize frontline workers and remember those who died during the pandemic – which is expected to fall around Paddy’s Day. Hey, better than applause.
6. An Ipsos survey found that 77% of adults in 33 countries are optimistic that 2022 will be a better year for them than 2021 – that’s the spirit!
7. Forks given: A lot, with Scotland, Canada, India and South Australia all ready to join the war on single-use plastic by banning things like plastic cutlery and straws over the next twelve months.
8. Anyone else’s anyway, that’s good news for Miley Cyrus anyway, as mules and mohawks are set to make a comeback amid the rise of “breaking hair.” pandemic “in 2022.
9. The new Game of Thrones Studios Tour of Northern Ireland, which opens in February, and the House of the Dragon TV prequel, which will debut on HBO next year, should help Thronites around the world to overcome this series finale.
10. Due to its launch ahead of the US midterm elections in November, Donald Trump’s new social media platform, Truth Social, is expected to help keep all the foil hats out of the way. Twitter and Facebook.
11. With Belfast and Oscar stars Jamie Dornan and CaitrÃona Balfe waving the flag on the red carpet this awards season, Ireland is set to suddenly become very popular on Tinder Passport.
12. Global sporting events, including the FIFA World Cup in Qatar, the UEFA Women’s Euro in England and the Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games in Beijing, ensure that 2022 will continue to be a load of balls. – but only in the best possible way.
13. Fur plays down designers Alexander McQueen, Balenciaga and Valentino for pledging to phase out the cruel trend by the end of 2022, when Ireland’s fur farm ban also goes into effect.
14. This is the year of the tiger, which, if the Chinese zodiac is to be believed, signifies a year of positive change in everything from finances to love – of course, it’s not like that could hurt.
15. Continuing the 63-year-old contest’s efforts to evolve with the times, married and trans women will be able to enter The Rose of Tralee for the first time in 2022 – provided they have a pretty butt, that is. -to say.
16. Come on, with Jamie, Paul Mescal and Aidan Turner to choose from, how could the next Bond, likely to be nominated in the year of the superspy’s 60th birthday, not be Irish?
17. Flat white potato milk, are you interested? Irish potato growers could be on the pig’s back after the vegan drink was named one of the hottest food trends for 2022 by UK supermarket chain Waitrose, which will offer Swedish brand Dug from February.
18. You will not pass? Not anymore, as New Zealand prepares to welcome fully vaccinated tourists starting April 30, just in time for the Lord of the Rings 20th anniversary.
19. Listen, just be thankful that the double-jean âCanadian tuxedoâ, the 2022 fashion trend worn by Charlotte Gainsbourg in Cannes, is not a suit and tie.
20. Never mind Robert Pattinson’s Batman – it’s the return of Reese Witherspoon’s iconic âbend and slamâ in Legally Blonde 3 that is sure to bring moviegoers back to theaters in May.
21. If Rage Against the Machine, MÃ¶tley CrÃ¼e, Fugees and Abba (if you count the digital avatars) all go on a reunion tour in 2022, then there is still hope for Noel and Liam “F ** k Oasis “Gallagher.
22. After two long years, Covid-19 could move from pandemic to endemic status in 2022 due to increased vaccination rates and the development of a revolutionary anti-Covid pill, experts say – bring -The Omicr-on.